Thursday, February 7, 2008

An Endorsement from Eddie Griffin

Chris Turner
For State Representative
P.O. Box 171138
Arlington, TX 76003
817-561-4900

Re: An Endorsement from Eddie Griffin

Dear Chris Turner:

It has been a pleasure meeting you on the campaign trail on a number of occasions. The more we talk, the more I am convinced that you are the man to best represent Arlington as State Representative.

On yesterday, I had the honor of speaking with students at UTA. I would have hoped to sing your praise, but I had to ask permission to wear my Obama button. I never can tell the political mood of a college campus.

However, I did find a few who were eager to be politically active. Therefore, I will include some student leaders on this email list, as a means of introducing your candidacy.

QUESTION about your Opponent incumbent Representative Bill Zedler.

Mr. Zedler describe himself as a conservative defender of limited government, limited taxation, and free enterprise.

Now I don’t know what all that means. But his biography says that he is 28-years old and is Vice Chairman of the Public Education Committee.

Tell me that I’m dreaming. How has Public Education improved since Mr. Zedler sat in that seat in the state legislature?

His bio also says that he served on the Select Interim Committee for Child Welfare and Foster Care. Look at the Child Welfare and Foster Care system in the state of Texas. We have children in the custody of the Child Protective Services sleeping in chairs, because there are no provisions for them.

Is this what “conservative defender of limited government” means? Tie the hands of the government, so it cannot help the poor.

From your Supporter,
Eddie Griffin

http://eddiegriffinbasg.blogspot.com/2008/02/yes-we-can.html

No comments: